Ignatius Park College library provides students and staff with:
- A quiet and comfortable area in which to read, work and learn.
- A variety of resources to support the leisure and learning activities of the College.
- Professional assistance in using the Library, its equipment and resources.
- A bank of computers supplying access to CD/DVD ROM's, databases, software, OPAC access and the internet to support the Information Technology needs of the College.
- Age appropriate book collection, newspapers, magazines, teacher resources and student textbooks.
- Audio-visual material such as charts, posters, CDs, DVDs and teaching equipment.
- Equipment including CD players, televisions, overhead projectors, cameras, video recorders and scanners.
- The Library is open from 8:00 am to 3:15 pm Monday to Friday and Wednesday nights from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm for senior students to study.
- It is used for teacher supervised computer sessions, library lessons, small group activities and special events during school time.
- At lunch time students use it for borrowing, reading activities, research, computer skills and playing chess. The library has rules in place that are taught to students in the first few weeks of each year. A FAQ's booklet is also available from the library, on request, at any time.
All borrowing is for two weeks. Up to six Non-fiction resources and two Fiction books may be borrowed. Books may be renewed for a further two weeks if necessary. However those with overdue items will not be allowed to borrow any item until their materials are returned.
Students will be notified of overdue material on a regular basis and encouraged to return these items promptly, or inform the library of lost items and arrange for a contribution to the item's replacement. Students are expected to return all outstanding items before the end of each term.
Mathematics Peer Tutoring
Mathematics Peer Tutoring is conducted on a volunteer basis from teachers and students from 3:10 pm - 4:15 pm in the Fiction Area of the Library each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A roster is produced and publicised.
The use of the library resources and computers is available for students from 3:10 - 4:15 pm. Homework Programme is on every day of the week except for Thursday. During this time the Library is supervised by a teacher for student help on any homework and assignments.