Five Principles of Career Development
- Change is constant – Recognise that the world around you is constantly changing. Be open to change and remain alert to new opportunities
- Learning is ongoing – Strive for continuous personal development. Stay motivated by learning new skills and developing new talents
- Focus on the Journey – Don’t focus on one destination only. Recognise that your career journey will be throughout your lifetime. Appreciate and value each experience along the way.
- Know yourself, believe in yourself and follow the HEART – Pursue your passion to find fulfilment. Discover ways to combine your interests with career opportunities.
- Access your ALLIES – Rely on the support of your family, friends, mentors, colleagues and peers. Career success can be a team effort.