The Ignatius Park College Buddy Program forms an integral part of the College’s Pastoral Care system. Buddy arrangements help to promote friendship and support between older and younger studnets through regular collaboration and fostering a sense of 'whole-school' community. They also create friendships that enable both older and younger ‘buddies’ to bond more closely with their school, increasing the likelihood of more positive school behaviour for all students.
The IPC Buddy Programs incorporates ALL year levels:
- A Year 7 student is partnered with a Year 9 and Year 11 buddy
- A Year 8 student is partnered with a Year 10 and Year 12 buddy.
A variety of events are completed throughout the year to facilitate this program including:
- Meet and greet in the first week of school
- Variety of morning tea and lunches together
- Activities in House meetings in Buddy Groups