More pages in this section
Sport at IPC
Opportunities exist for students to take part in a wide range of sports determined by Townsville Secondary Schools Sport, NQ School Sport, Queensland School Sport competitions. These sports include Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Basketball, Water Polo, Athletics, Swimming, Cross Country, Cricket, Touch, and Volleyball, Hockey, AFL. We also participate in other sports where there are organized competitions for example Rowing.
The school currently boasts four talent development squads in Rugby League, Rugby Union, Basketball, and Cricket. These squads aim to provide extra personalized training for our talented athletics to assist them in furthering their sporting careers. The programs include individual and personalized skills training and weight training.
The school currently offers sporting tours in Rugby League, Rugby Union, Basketball, Football Touch, Cricket and Rowing.
- Confraternity Shield - Open Division
- Trial matches in Sydney or Brisbane - Open division
- Mini tour Rockhampton/Mackay - 14 and 15 Years
- National Competition games in Open Division and in 15 Years
- Bi-annual tour of Somme Battlefields (Belgium) UK Tour - Open Division
- Annual Toowoomba Carnival - Open Division
- Annual Brisbane trip - 14 Years
- Queensland and National Championships
- Queensland Championships - Brisbane - 13 Years, 15 Years and Open Division
- State Championships - mostly held in South East Queensland
- Bi-annual tour of the UK - Open Division
- State Knockout Competition - Open and 15 Years
- State Wide Competition
- Bi-annual tour of the Somme Battlefields and the UK - Open Division
- State Wide Competition - Bill Turner Cup - 15 Years
- Brisbane - EREA Competition - 12 - 14 Years
- Queensland Knockouts - Brisbane - U/15 and Open Age
Core Physical Education
Year 9 and 10 students have the chance to select a sport they in which they would like to further their development for one period a week through the core PE program.
Inter-school and Representative
Opportunities also exist for many of these sports to be taken further at an inter-school or representative level.
The College is an active participant in local and regional inter-school sporting competitions, and has an excellent record of achievement in this field. The Melton Black Shield for Excellence in Townsville Boys Sport has been held continuously by the College for over two decades.
Many past and present students have represented Townville, North Queensland and Queensland in a range of sports.
Trustees of Edmund Rice Education Australia.
Trading as Ignatius Park College. ABN: 96 372 268 340
There are 10 weeks in Term 1
384 Ross River Road,
Acknowledgement of Country
The Ignatius Park College Community would like to humbly acknowledge the Wulgurukaba peoples on whose land our College is located, as well as the Bindal peoples on whose land many of us live and travel across daily. We respectfully thank the elders of this traditional land both past and present for guiding us through the journey of time to where we are today.