More pages in this section
Working at our College
Ignatius Park College is an independent Catholic secondary school catering for just over 1,000 boys from Year 7 to 12, located in Townsville. Ignatius Park College is a member of the Edmund Rice Education Australia network of 48 schools across Australia.
Our Mission Statement
In partnership with families and the wider community, we strive to promote learning that encourages excellence within an inclusive curriculum framework based on Gospel values and inspired by the charism of Edmund Rice.
Our Vision Statement
Respectful young men who are inspired, life-long learners and active participants in their community.
We open hearts and minds, through quality teaching and learning experiences, so that through critical reflection and engagement each person is hope-filled and free to build a better world for all.
We invite people into the story of Jesus and strive to make his message of compassion, justice and peace a living reality within our community.
Our community is accepting and welcoming, fostering right relationships and committed to the common good.
Justice & Solidarity
We are committed to justice and peace for all, grounded in a spirituality of action and reflection that calls us to stand in solidarity with those who are marginalised and the earth itself.
Working at our College
In order to help our staff be leaders in their field, Ignatius Park College offers a comprehensive range of staff development programs and staff benefits for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary structure
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Access to Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Leave)
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- 10 days paid paternity leave
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Comprehensive induction processes, opportunities for professional development (including Early Career Teacher Support) and learning opportunities throughout your career
- Discounted IPC school fees
- Wellbeing projects and recognition of loyalty and service
- Access to staff health initiatives including pool and gym access
- Staff Social Club
- A variety of social activities for partners and/or families including camping trips, ‘sip and paint’ evenings, historic walks through Townsville, fishing trips, Christmas parties etc
- Travel opportunities through our sporting tours and immersions
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Borrowing rights and newspaper access through our well-equipped College Resource Centre
- Laptop computers for academic staff
- Leadership development opportunities
- Staff corporate uniforms available for purchase
- Subsidised annual flu vaccinations
- Involvement in co-curricular activities
- Faith Formation
Edmund Rice Education Australia Colleges LTD,
Trading as Ignatius Park College. ABN: 58 395 448 571
There are 10 weeks in Term 1
Acknowledgement of Country
The Ignatius Park College Community would like to humbly acknowledge the Wulgurukaba peoples on whose land our College is located, as well as the Bindal peoples on whose land many of us live and travel across daily. We respectfully thank the elders of this traditional land both past and present for guiding us through the journey of time to where we are today.