More pages in this section
2021 Subject Selection
Welcome to the 2021 Online Subject Showcase
Each year the College runs a Subject Showcase for students and their families to explore and discuss subjects available for selection in the following year.
Due to COVID-19 gathering restrictions, we have prepared an Online Subject Showcase presenting this information to students and parents in video format as well as the Subject Information Handbook. This allows all families time to browse, process and consider their subject options from the comfort of their own home.
Parents, Carers and students are encouraged to go through the process together:
- Read through the Subject Information Booklet
- View the videos for each subject area
- Download the Online Subject Preferencing document which explains the subjects that can be preferenced.
- Make subject preferences online via http://www.selectmysubjects.com.au/. Students will be provided with a unique login.
- Year 8, 2021 and Year 9, 2022- Subject preferencing online opens at 6.00pm, Monday 24 August 2020 (closes Tuesday 25 August 2020)
- Year 10, 2021 - Subject preferencing online opens at 6.00pm, Monday 24 August 2020 (closes Tuesday 25 August 2020)
- Year 11, 2021 - Monday 27 July 2020 Subject preferencing online opens at 6.00pm
The subjects and number of classes that can operate will depend upon student numbers and resourcing.
If the College determines that we are unable to run a subject that your son has nominated, then it will be replaced by their nominated reserve subjects.
- For Year 11, 2021 students, they will be required to undertake a SET Plan Interview.
- Thursday 23 July 2020 SET Plan Interview Bookings open in Parent Lounge at 3.00pm. Book via Parent Lounge
- Page does not load - Use a supporting web browser e.g. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Avoid mobile devices without these browsers.
- Log in or password not valid - If the username or password are copied from the email, sometimes a space is added before or after. Double check for this issue.
- Log in or password not valid - You may be using the log in for your son's school account, rather than the unique one for SelectMySubjects. Check your son’s email for the log in.
- Cannot find the email – this may be in the “Other” or “Junk” folder as it has been emailed in bulk. Check these folders or run a search on all folders. The email comes from “SelectMySubjects” not from the College.
- Error message when nominating subjects – this is most likely due to a conflict between subject prerequisites or corequisites. The error message should tell you if a combination is not possible. Nominate a different combination of subjects.
If you have tried all of the above, I will be available by phoning 4796 0252 between 6.00pm and 8.00pm tonight for technical help only. Please be patient, as there will only be one phone line open at that time.
The College Office will also take enquiries from 8.00am to 4.00pm on Tuesday 25 August.
Online Subject Showcase
Click the links below to download the Ignatius Park College Subject Information Booklet.
Subject Information Handbooks
Subject Preference Submission
Full details of all the subjects on offer can be found in the Subject Information Booklet. Subjects selections are to be completed via the www.selectmysubjects.com.au using the log in details provided by the College prior to subject selections. These are generated each year and are not the same as your school login and password.
Set Plan Interviews
At Ignatius Park College, we ensure that students in Year 10 develop a Senior education and training plan (SET plan) in partnership with their parents. The SET plan maps out a student’s education and training plan of action to achieve their intended learning option (ILO) through the compulsory participation phase (SET Plan Interview). Students are supported to acquire the skills and knowledge to develop their SET plan and to revise it during their studies.
During the SET Plan Interview the College ensures that learning opportunities are provided in accordance with the SET plan. The SET plan is reviewed and updated as necessary and transferred to another institution, if required.
The SET Planning Interviews are booked using Parent Lounge.
Please review the information below as it contains important dates and times.
Year 11, 2021 students:
- Monday 20 July 2020 Online Subject Showcase available online
- Thursday 23 July 2020 SET Plan Interview Bookings open in Parent Lounge at 3.00pm
- Monday 27 July 2020 Subject preferencing online opens at 6.00pm
- Tuesday 28 July 2020 Subject preferencing online closes at midnight
- Thursday 30 July 2020 SET Plan Interviews commence
- Friday 7 August 2020 SET Plan Interviews completed
Years 8, 2021 and 10, 2021
During Week 3 of this term, students in Years 7 and 9 will begin the subject nomination process during their Academic Mentoring sessions. For the first few sessions, students will receive information about the subjects on offer and how to nominate their subjects online. Further information regarding this process will also be emailed to families from Week 3.
- Monday 20 July 2020 Virtual Subject Showcase available online
- Monday 24 August 2020 Subject preferencing online opens at 6.00pm
- Tuesday 25 August 2020 Subject preferencing online closes at midnight
- Monday 14 September 2020 Students notified of allocated subjects for 2021
Parent Lounge - Logging in
Username - Your username is your parent code. Please find this on your latest Statement of Account or by looking at your son's ID Card (first 5 digits of the student number)
Parent code is the first 5 digits of the student code (01234 in this example)
Statement of Account
Parent code is the account number (01234 in this example)
Passwords - If you have forgotten your password please use the Forgot Password link at the top of the login page.
Acknowledgement of Country
The Ignatius Park College Community would like to humbly acknowledge the Wulgurukaba peoples on whose land our College is located, as well as the Bindal peoples on whose land many of us live and travel across daily. We respectfully thank the elders of this traditional land both past and present for guiding us through the journey of time to where we are today.